Dental reconstruction can provide you with an astonishing oral transformation. Even a full-mouth restoration is available under cosmetic dentistry. According to this Woonona clinic, receiving a high-quality dental service is essential to achieve good oral treatment results. Furthermore, working with a trusted and well-experienced dental team helps optimize patients’ best oral health conditions.
You can also call this dental restoration. Restorations take place using several procedures to replace or restore missing teeth or tooth structures. Furthermore, dentists do these oral reconstructions to prevent decays and other oral issues in the future.
A full-mouth restoration is the combination of esthetics and the science of restorative dentistry. As a result, it will improve the patient’s mouth’s health, function, and beauty. A full-mouth oral treatment may include several procedures in one appointment. Various factors can make this happen.
The first thing to remember is that completing the whole process may take several months. The patients should be completely aware of this and all the consequences associated with the procedures.
Reasons for a full-mouth reconstruction
Candidates need a full-mouth dental reconstruction if they have diverse dental problems, which we indicated below.
- Dental disease: Gingivitis or periodontal disease is the condition wherein the gums have an infection.
- Trauma from an accident: Damage from an accident, such as tooth loss, may be addressed through full-mouth reconstruction.
- Tooth erosion: It is the condition wherein teeth start to wear down due to acid attacks.
- Jaw pain: Jaw misalignment or malocclusion may benefit from full-mouth reconstruction.
- Dentinogenesis imperfecta: The state wherein the teeth’ appearance looks discolored, either yellow-brown or blue-gray.
Aside from these oral concerns, your dentist might still discover other issues that they need to treat. For this reason, evaluation is essential so that everything will be clear from the start. In effect, you will not be surprised about the procedures you need to undergo and the expenses it will incur.
Additionally, you also have to do preparations beforehand. This way, no problem can occur on the date of the appointment.
Procedures in a dental reconstruction
Here are some of the potential procedures that the dentist may include in a full-mouth treatment. But then again, it will depend on your dental condition.
- Tooth extraction
- Inlays and onlays
- Dental implants
- Gum/bone grafting
Aside from the procedures mentioned above, the dentist may also consider performing a dental cleaning. The Chatswood dentist in Boutique Dental Care will do the methods necessary for you to achieve the best oral health condition.
Moreover, these procedures are essential not only for a total smile makeover but also for improving your mouth’s function. Aside from that, several dental specialists may also work together to make this possible.
This short video further explains what you need to know about full-mouth reconstruction.
The flow of dental reconstruction
In general, below is how the dentist will do a complete dental reconstruction.
- The dentist will do an x-ray to know the damage level of the teeth. It can also tell if root canal treatment is necessary.
- Secondly, they will do a periodontal examination to confirm if the patient has periodontal disease.
- Next, you will also undergo cosmetic evaluation if you need cosmetic procedures, such as teeth whitening.
- After the evaluations, the dental team will make a treatment plan based on your dental needs. Aside from that, the dentist will discuss this plan with you before proceeding.
- According to the treatment plan, surgeries will proceed. Again, you have to note that a complete dental reconstruction may take a longer time to complete.
- Once they completed the reconstruction, they will provide you after-care instructions to maintain a healthy and beautiful mouth.
Always remember that caring for your teeth does not end after the full dental reconstruction. It would be best if you still practice proper oral dental care to maintain its good condition. Otherwise, you will experience oral problems again.
Benefits of dental reconstruction
Cosmetic dentistry entirely provides significant effects on an individual’s oral condition. The way it addresses dental issues results in astonishing teeth transformations. As a result, several people are benefitting from it. Here are a few of the benefits that dental reconstruction can offer.
- It is an excellent way to improve a person’s oral health. Furthermore, it can treat outstanding oral issues, such as gum infections, gum recession, and jawbone loss.
- Additionally, you would be able to preserve the jawbone (alveolar bone). A complete set of teeth allows the jaw to have sufficient support when chewing food and lessening pressure.
- After the restoration, you would gain a more functional bite. Besides that, it will help you chew efficiently, which is beneficial to your digestion.
- This full dental reconstruction will improve yourself in general. By all means, it can help you gain back your self-confidence. Furthermore, it will enhance the way you see yourself in comparison to before the reconstruction.
- Opportunities can also increase after taking full dental reconstruction. Your self-esteem can even increase towards your outlook with these opportunities.
Dental reconstruction is not just about aesthetic improvements. Individuals undergo this reconstruction for more profound reasons. Only the dentist and the patients will genuinely understand what’s hidden behind the decision to take a complete dental reconstruction.
Dental reconstruction is a fantastic way to help individuals with significant oral health problems. Furthermore, it can make substantial changes in their lives permanently. These changes can even touch the most sensitive reason behind deciding to undergo full-mouth reconstruction.
So, never fear your dental problems anymore. Visit a dentist near you and get the treatment you need. You can visit Beyond Infinity Dental in Castle Hill if you’re looking for a quality dentist near the area.